Thursday, September 9, 2010

From Photo to Art--Heather Bauer

A popular feature of my late newsletter was the "From Photo to Art" series, where I showed how I created my art from the original reference photograph.  We have featured Carlotta Champagne, Jennifer Bollinger and former Playmate Lindsey Vuolo.  Today's subject is Heather Bauer.


Heather is a Playboy Special Editions model and Cyber Girl of the Week.  She e-mailed me about doing an illustration of her a couple of years ago, and we discussed it over the phone afterward (what a sweet Southern accent!).   She sent me a photo reference taken by an anonymous photographer, different from her Playboy style shoots, which are very glamour nude in style.  Her photographer did a wonderful job of lighting her great figure in such a way as to emphasize her curves.











I drew Heather's portrait on 20" x 30" illustration board, and followed the original very closely.  it was important to capture her remarkable beauty, as well as the wonderful and sensuous post that she struck.  Heather has great presence in front of the lens; she really connects well with the audience.


 This image will appear shortly in an online magazine called Flip, and we are hoping that it will be published in a major art nude title this winter ----more on that in future blogs.  In the meantime, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. You are an outstanding artist and have an unmatched (as far as i am concerned) strong talent to recreate an image of a woman who has already offer her consent in a photograph. I wish more people and facebook would realize the talent and ability you have to capture the female body in all of its glory... I wish you the best of luck and have my support with all of your work.. TMN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, thanks very much.....those are truly nice words. I appreciate them

    ReplyDelete