Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has always been a favorite holiday of mine.  Even while we are in the midst of winter here in the Chicago area, I always tried to embrace the romance of the day, and do something a bit special for my wife. Believe me, we don't have a lot of money, and I wish I could give her what she deserves.  But sometimes it's just some flowers, or a massage, or little things to help you remember the romance.

Valentine's Day isn't even celebrated in Catholicism anymore as a saint's holiday, and it's romantic heritage seems to have started from Chaucer.  Yet, it is one of the biggest "Hallmark" holidays of the year.  Cards, flowers, candy, dinners, even engagements all are given on Valentine's Day to loved ones.

I have often received commissions for Valentine's Day.  Many husbands like to give their wives custom boudoir or nude artwork of them--we all like to think of our women as glamourous.  And many women commission me to do something like the attached for their men.   It's a great was to feel sexy, and often it doesn't involve nudity.

Currently I am working on such a piece for delivery later in the spring.  And we are talking to a couple of other husbands  regarding commissions of their wives in sexy attire (or no attire) shortly thereafter.

I am running a special for Valentine's Day....8 1/2" x 11" custom black & white drawing for only $125.   It's a nice gift for someone special in your life, and it's a great deal.  But I need to know by Saturday, Jan. 22 to get it to you in time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment