Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Nude Wives for Valentine's Day

Thanks to my wonderful client, I have the the other images for which I was commissioned in 2009 of his wife (the first one was published in Tuesday's blog.  Since I had a really poor scanner at the time, it was great to receive these from him (as I mentioned, he is a photographer).  
I love so much creating glamour images of 'regular' women, who are non-professionals.  I've written several times of the many clients by whom I've been commissioned to draw either themselves (ladies), or their wives (men).  


This commission was a 3 part series of color illustrations; all were drawn with colored pencil on Bristol board, one of my preferred surfaces.  It was a fun challenge to get each to look like the client's spouse, using only the reference photos.    That ultimately is the greatest challenge in any portrait---getting the final art to look like the person, even if it is an idealized version. 


Just another reason why they make such great gifts for Valentine's Day.  It's a wonderful way to be immortalized.


With my website down temporarily, I am trying to upload as many images as I can on other sites where I maintain a profile.  You can see my artwork at the following websites:


DeviantArt
ModelMayhem
Model Insider
One Model Place






No comments:

Post a Comment