Friday, March 2, 2012

Latest Commissions

I recently completed two commissions for clients, my first in a while.  As much as I like to draw or paint professional models and celebrities,  I really enjoy doing this type of work for everyday folks.  It always seems to come from the heart when people entrust me to create art, especially risque in nature.

This drawing was actually a referral.  The lady who contacted me is friends with former clients of mine, who apparently spoke highly of my artwork of the wife.  She commissioned me to draw her husband's favorite photo from a boudoir shoot she had done for him.  Since it was a large size, I was able to add some detail in the shading, the hair.  I hadn't done this size for someone since last year, and I tend to work in more detail and shading on bigger drawings.







The other commission was a Valentine's Day gift from the client to his lady friend.  Simple pinup job, smaller size....he wanted something to frame and give her for Valentine's Day.  He said they both love it.

I have uploaded both of these pieces on my website, please feel free to take a look, and offer comments.  Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I love the shading on those extraordinary legs of the woman in the top image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CJ. Yes, I'm happy with how the shading came out on the top one as well. It inspired me to work a drawing I've been doing for almost 4 years a little differently

    ReplyDelete