Thursday, March 31, 2011

From Photo to Art--Carlotta Champagne, Part Deux

My most popular blog is about how I transformed a photo of Playboy Special Editions model & Cyber Girl Carlotta Champagne into a drawing, and the changes I made to create it.  I thought I'd show another example from the same photo shoot.

As I wrote in the other blog,  my friend Rob Domaschuk, who is a fine art nude photographer, shot Carlotta in my rec room.  We had her pose by my bar in a variety of nude poses, wearing a tie & a fedora hat.  Being the consummate professional, Carlotta struck a variety of wonderful poses--sexy, whimsical, & erotic--and Rob was able to take some great reference pics.My wife suggested this photo for my next drawing of Carlotta, as she really liked her playful pose and dazzling smile.  Unlike the previous image from this set, I didn't want to deviate from the original photo too much.  Carlotta has an extraordinarily ability as a model to evoke so may different facial expressions, and this one really captures her personality.  I thought Rob's original photo was almost perfect as it was.

I started this drawing at Glamourcon 2007 in Chicago, so that people could see how I work while at the show.  Carlotta and I had our tables set up next to each other, and she graciously offered to sign it for a prospective buyer at no charge.  While she and I were off the show floor getting a bite to eat on the first day, my wife came to tell me that someone was, indeed, interested in discussing the drawing.  The gentleman bought it even before it was completed, and he has it signed and hanging in his home.

I get great inspiration from the beautiful women that I am privileged to draw, and Carlotta is definitely pure inspiration.  She has beautiful facial features, a great smile, and a tremendous, hourglass figure.  I have started a 3rd drawing from this set, and will post it when it is completed.

See more great images of Carlotta here at Fine Art America.

1 comment:

  1. of course like your website but you need to
    test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife
    with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality then again
    I'll definitely come back again.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage: home interior design photos

    ReplyDelete