Monday, April 8, 2013

Marilyn Monroe, Part 2

New Art


A brand new piece, a new version of my Marilyn Monroe Reclining Nude drawing.  Based on the  photo by Bert Stern, this art is completely updated.

This drawing is actually a very special birthday gift from my wife and me to our son.  He always like the original version, but circumstances prevented us from getting a good print.  So, we decided to just recreate it, only better.

My wife played creative director, and this is truly her vision of how she wanted it to look.  Using graphite pencil, colored pencil and acrylic pen, we varied greatly from Mr. Stern's original photo, and tried to create a more alluring and softer look than what he wonderfully captured on film. From changing the face to the vibrant folds and colors in the blanket, she directed me and pushed me to create a piece that we can say our son truly loves.

I would love to hear your comments on this piece, so please email me any comments. And see my Marilyn Monroe prints at my page on Fine Art America.com 

2 comments:

  1. I love the New Art! You and your wife make a splendid team. I hope you collaborate again. And your son is so fortunate to receive a work of art like this from his father. Congratulations to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dr. I'm sorry I neglected to email this to you, but I am so happy that you like it. IT was truly a work of love

    ReplyDelete