Friday, October 21, 2016

Creating Art...Behind the Scenes

Sometimes when creating a commission, the client requests very specific things in the artwork, elements in which I need to find the proper reference photo to make the illustration work.

This was an illustration for an erotic e-book, and the author/client was very specific as to the 'look' of the protagonist--red hair, fair skin, beautiful and innocent. I actually modeled the character's face on the author, but I needed a beautiful, curvy body as reference.

I found a gorgeous photo of Playboy's Miss November 2001, Lindsey Vuolo.....this lovely woman fit perfectly for what I needed. It took very little manipulation, just adding some thongs, covering her nipples and, of course, changing the face. 
 
While the book never got published, I had a lot of fun with this project, as it was one of my very first color pinups. I hope you enjoy. Feedback is welcome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment